Saturday, January 9, 2010

Meteors Report (German)



Translations:

1)Fenech:
I will never forget what I learned in the army. Get outside and confront the enemy. Yeah, let him come. When you pay me for a gig then I will play, no matter how much anger it will provoke. Nevermind, among the audience their will be someone who has come to listen to my music.

2)Narrator:
There is only one left from the original lineup. 26 years after the foundation of The Meteors in the south of London Paul Fenech still keeps it up. It doesnt matter whether Punk, Cold Wave, Techno or Rap came up -the inventor of Psychobilly survived all genres.

3) Fenech:
I used to go out to see American Rockabilly bands and they allways sang about Cadillcs and Highschool storys. With things like that we Europeans couldnt identify, thats why we began to create our own RocknRoll kind of music.

Narrator: Nowadays, the mission of Psychobilly is to unite the Punks with their wild predecessors the Teddy Boys.

4) Narrator: Before The Meteors came up only the Cramps tried to mix the mohawk with the quiff.

Fenech: Yeah the cramps are good but different. That is like comparing amphetamine with heroin, you know. Similiar thing-but different thing.

Narrator: Just like the Cramps the Meteors are obsessed with Horror Movies. The lyrics of P.F. are full of monsters, psychopaths and other mass murdes. Even on the stage they give no quarter


5) But this bombastic concept is very successfull, up to this day the Meteors created over 30 albums.

Fenech: I think my father and my uncle watched these horror flicks all the time. I love horror... I love bikes, drugs...just everything thats fits with the music.

Narrator: During the 1980s psychobilly is the last true front of rock music. The heroes of this bad-ass sound among others are Demented are Go, Batmobile, King Kurt or Reverend Horton Heat.

6) And because of every kind of music needs a suitable dance the fans of the Meteors created the "Going Mental" which is some kind of hardcore pogo to fight in a group in front of the stage.

7)Fenech: First time we played the audience had signed a petition during the first half of the concert, they wanted us go home. But instead of doing them this favour we played even louder. Those who liked us stayed, everybody else got away. You see, thats our way...if you like us- thank you very much- if not... fuck off


8) According to that philosophy The Meteors shot their first clip in one of London's wealthier neighbourhood.

Fenech: It was the best place to annoy as many people as possible. Only bigwigs are living there- I have nothing against the rich people- but they dont like myself very much. Thats why we played there.

9) Fenech:To me The Beatles killed RocknRoll. I'm not a big fan of John Lennon. Although nobody is allowed to say this: Unfortunately his murder wasn't clever enough, otherwise he might have succeeded in killing all four of them. Dude, that's no polemic... I simply do not like The Beatles.

10)Narrator:
Mark Chapman the murder of John Lennon and Charles Manson the serial killer are fascinating The Meteors.
By now Paul Fenech has settled down in the Ruhr area. He toures around the world with two Germans on his side.
This time they belt out their songs on a river boat in the center of Paris.Of course, their loyal crew is in a frenzy.

11) Fenech: Fanatic is the right word. I think my audience is the forth member of the band. What they do beside the show is not my problem. Unfortunately I've lost my hair, so everybody thinks that I am a skinhead. Thats bullshit. The only message that I propagate is: Pay your ticket, have fun and then go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment